Green Tea Drink the Secret to Lose Weight and Burn More Fat Fast
For people who want to lose weight and feel good generally by avoiding life-threatening diseases like Stroke, Diabetes, and Cardiovascular diseases, Green tea is what you need.
What is Green Tea
It’s the healthiest beverage to consume and the best alternative to sugary drinks. It originated from China and spread to other Asian countries, now it can be found worldwide. It should be taken in moderation.
It comes from a plant called Camellia Sinensis; its leaves are used in making tea. People consume it for its health benefits.
Green Tea REVIEWS
Here are some of the reviews from people who take Green tea.
- Personally, I am a lover of green tea, at first, I hated the taste, it was bitter, I could take two hours just to clear a cup. I have to admit there were days I ended up having two sips and I pour the rest, as time went by my taste buds got used to it, the change it made in my body, for example, my belly fat started reducing, made me fall in love with it even more. Now I can’t stand the sight of any other beverage that’s not Green Tea.
- Felicia who is suffering from Diabetes Type 2 has been using Green Tea to manage her weight and sugar levels; so far it has worked perfectly well for her.
- Paul started taking 7-8 cups of Green Tea per day; his weight went down from 120kgs to 80kgs. He substituted sugared coffee and other carbonated drinks with Green tea.
- Rachel, a college student, used to suffer from fatigue, headaches, no matter how early she slept, and she would wake up feeling exhausted as if that was not enough, she added so much weight, and her studies were affected as well. The moment she discovered Green tea, her College life and Grades changed to better.
What are the BENEFITS OF GREEN TEA
- It contains antioxidants, which protects the body; lowering the risk of cancer like Breast Cancer, Prostate Cancer, and Colorectal Cancer.
- It contains compounds that improve the functionality of the brain, promoting alertness.
- Lowers the risk of Alzheimer and Parkinson’s in old age.
- It contains EGCG (Epigallocatechin gallate); a substance that increases metabolism.
- Helps in weight loss by increasing in a burning of the abdominal fat.
- Improves on dental care: Bacteria become active in a moist and sugary environment. Green tea has antioxidants that prevent the growth of bacteria/viruses minimizing gum diseases and bad odor from the mouth.
- Regulates blood sugar by improving insulin, this lowers the risk of Type 11 Diabetes.
- Reduces cardiovascular diseases for example Stroke and heart disease, which are among the most deadly diseases.
- Lowers cholesterol.
- Prevents Obesity and Overweight by increasing metabolism rate and decreasing body fat.
- Increases life span. We all know death is inevitable, but people who consume green tea regularly are at a lower risk of suffering from Cancer and Cardiovascular Diseases.
- Reduces depression by Relaxing the body and mind.
- Lowers blood pressure
- Minimizes the signs of aging by reducing the wrinkles due to its antioxidant.
- Contains Catechin that destroys bacteria and viruses that cause a throat infection.
- Improves blood flow.
Consuming green tea increases metabolism; this is as a result of the presence of caffeine. It’s loaded with flavonoids and Catechins, which act as antioxidants and other nutrients, which help the body in fat loss, brain activity and other benefits that I have highlighted in the article. It also increases the insulin performance, which in turn regulates the blood sugar level in our bodies. It increases the fat burning process during exercises.
Green tea has a little caffeine, care should be taken for people who are sensitive to coffee, and a cup a day is good.
Pregnant and lactating mothers should also avoid green tea because it hinders the absorption of folic acid, it can also result to miscarriages in pregnant women. Lactating mothers risk passing caffeine to their infant through breast milk.
Consult your doctor If you are also suffering from Peptic cancer, you are taking other dietary pills/supplements or other medications before taking green tea.
Where to buy green tea in the Philippines
So, where can one buy Green tea in the Philippines?
In the Philippines, Green tea can be found in online selling sites like Lazada.com.ph
They boost of having genuine products and secure payments.
Butterfly Organic green tea with 100 tea bags weighing 200g costs P400. But if you buy a set of two, it costs P700.
50 tea bags weighing 100g costs P280.
For delivery purposes, there’s a slot in their website where you enter your location, and it’s delivered to you. Payment can be made once the product is received.
If the product is sold by Lazada, they exchange or return within 14 days or 10 days if it was purchased from sellers.
Deliveries of orders within Metro Manila are done 1-7 calendar days except Sundays upon full payment.
For orders outside Manila, delivery is 5-15 calendar days with the exception of Sunday, upon full payment.
International orders are delivered 20 to 30calendar days.
I have just found out that I have been brewing green tea the wrong way, no wonder I have not been getting results, if you are like me wondering why people around you are getting positive results and you are not, here is possibly the reason why?
When brewing green tea, you should not put it in water and bring to boil. A big NO, when you boil it in water, you kill Catechins which are healthy ingredients in green tea. You should, therefore, bring your water to boil, let it cool and pour over the cup that has the tea bag, stir for a minute and enjoy.
GREEN TEA POSSIBLE SIDE EFFECTS.
Just like humans, when you are introduced to a new place, example new company, new school, three things happen the moment you step into your new environment. Firstly, there are people who will instantly like you, 2nd, there are those who won’t like you at first but with time you become the best of friends and finally, there are those who no matter what, will never like you. Same applies to green tea, there are people whose body will get along well with the first sip, then there are others whose body will experience negative symptoms for a while, and then the body gets used to the green tea and the side effects stop. Finally, there are those whose body will never get used to green tea, and so they will have to substitute green tea with another healthy drink.
Most of the side effects are nothing to worry about; they will subside in time; once the body is used to it. That said; it’s still advisable to talk to your medical practitioner before embarking on any weight loss program, and if the side effects don’t die out on their own, seek for a second opinion, maybe you are taking more Green tea than what your body requires.
Most of the side effects are as a result of the little caffeine present in the tea.
Below are some of the side effects
- Headache: Drink enough water to minimize it.
- Insomnia: The caffeine content in green tea could cause lack of sleep; you can try reducing the number of cups of tea you take per day.
- Upset stomach: This is may be as a result of taking Green tea when you are hungry, just medications Green tea should not be taken on an empty stomach, it can cause nausea.
- The caffeine content in green tea can cause the following:
- Increased heart beat rate
To manage the above side effects, reduction in the number of cups of tea taken per day is advised.
Alternatively, you can buy the three Japanese Green teas with low caffeine: Houjicha tea, Genmaicha, and Bancha.
If you check keenly, you will realize that the benefits outweigh the side effects.
Conclusion and Recommendation
If you have to drink something, I would rather you drink Green tea especially if you are the kind of person who wants to lose weight without the hustle of taking diet pills and supplements. People argue that it contains caffeine just like black tea but the difference is that it has lesser caffeine and more of antioxidants that are needed in the body. The best thing about green tea is that, if you don’t want to lose weight you can still drink it its health benefits. Preference is made to taking tea green tea leaves other than the tea brewed from tea bags; this is because tea bags can retain some of the Catechins, and you end up taking lesser nutrients. Apart from taking green tea, let’s not forget the importance of taking enough water, eating a balanced diet and exercising.
Green tea is a healthy beverage that contains antioxidants that protect the body from harmful toxins. It also increases metabolism; this burns fat, which eventually leads to weight loss. Losing weight is very important because it prevents killer diseases like stroke, cardiovascular diseases, and cancer. It can be brewed green tea teabags or from the green tea leaves.