Best Natural Way to Lose Weight Fast and Make it Permanent
Your Special day is fast approaching; you need to fit perfectly in your favourite clothes. You also want to be fit to dance all through the special day without getting too tired. You have just a month to achieve all these, the tension and pressure that comes with the preparations makes your head feel like it will explode, if this is you, have a sit, let’s talk how to lose weight fast.
Before any weight loss program: it’s important to take your measurements, note them and keep measuring after two weeks or one month, this will enable you to see if there’s any progress.
Apart from measurements, you can also take pictures, the front, the sides, and the back; take the pictures while you are wearing the same outfit. The pictures will act as motivation as you observe your body change.
Keep a diary or a record of what you eat from Morning to evening. You can also download the app. For calorie count, to keep track of the calories, you are consuming. An example is Myfitnesspal.
Simple Ways of losing weight fast
- Reduce the intake of sugars and carbs.
- Consume a lot of proteins, vegetables, and fats. Foods rich in proteins make you feel full and decrease cravings for junk foods. They suppress hunger and boosts metabolism.
- Sources of protein include white meat (chicken and fish), lean beef, lamb, pork, shrimps, lobsters, eggs.
- Sources of vegetables include: Cucumber, spinach, cauliflower, Broccoli, Lettuce, Cabbage, Kales, Bell peppers, asparagus, mushrooms, Zucchini
- Healthy fats to consume: Virgin Olive Oil, Avocado oil, Coconut oil
- Choose a day in a week to have a cheat meal day. It can either be on Saturdays or Sundays. On this day you can eat the carbs and sugar, you have missed in small quantities. You should be disciplined and restrict the cheat meal day to only one day, if not you will not notice any change in your weight.
- Engage in exercises especially weight lifting exercises and aerobics, cardio exercises like jogging, swimming, brisk walking and running.
- Drink water 30 minutes before your meals, this makes you consume less food.
- Have enough rest; ensure you sleep well 8-9 hours per night, less sleep leads to weight gain.
- Eat Food the size of your fist. Alternatively, use a small plate so that you do not serve more food that may tempt you to eat more than required.
- Chew food in small bits and slowly.
- Eat whole grain meals. They make you fuller quickly.
- Take enough water, at least 8 glasses of water or more per day.
Causes of Overweight
- Living a sedentary life, where you don’t do anything, just sitting on a sofa in front of a television the whole day. Lack of exercise.
- Over indulgence in alcohol, too much alcohol leads to build up of fat especially the central area, the abdomen.
- Consumption of sugary drinks; carbonated drinks, sodas, juices.
- Eating high processed foods; cakes, biscuits
- Eating heavy meals at night or after 8 pm especially starch and sugars.
- Lack of enough rest/sleep.
- High-stress levels, when stresses the body produces a stress hormone called Cortisol which increases appetite.
- Aging: Aging slows down metabolism rate, which causes weight gain.
- Pregnancy: During pregnancy period, women gain weight, some if the weight disappears after childbirth but at times the weight escalates.
- Contraceptive methods: different family planning methods work differently for women, they cause hormonal imbalance that causes some women to retain their weight, others lose weight while the rest gain a lot of weight.
- Genetics: Sometimes overweight lies in the genes.
- Medications: side effects of some medicines are weight gain. Examples of such medications are antidepressants, diabetes medicines and antipsychotic.
Problems associated with Overweight.
- Life threatening diseases like:
- High blood pressure, Type 2 diabetes, high cholesterol, cardiovascular diseases/heart disease.
- Movement problems: Overweight makes it hard to move your body from one point to another due to the body weight.
- Change in social life: Overweight people tend to suffer from low self-esteem, they have a feeling of neglect, they feel unwanted and they also feel less of a person. This makes it hard for them to socialize and make friends.
- Infertility: Overweight or Obesity causes hormonal imbalance, especially during ovulation. Gynecologists usually advise on weight loss for overweight couples who want to get pregnant.
- Insomnia: Overweight people have trouble breathing while sleeping. This causes sleep apnea.
- The Spine is designed to support a specific body weight when the weight is increased it causes complications like back pain and unhealthy posture.
- Signs that you are Overweight or you have gained weight.
- Your clothes feel tighter than before, and people around you can keep from telling you how fat you look.
- You can’t keep up with small activities; they leave you breathless and tired.
- You weigh more than you did the last time you weighed yourself.
- Your BMI (Body Mass Index) is 25 or above.
- You suddenly start Snoring.
- You don’t have the energy to do anything. You are constantly tired.
- You are always craving for food.
- Your waist circumference is greater than 40inches in men and 35 inches for women.
- A positive change of life: You gain confidence; you are social and easily get friends.
- Good sleep. Reduction of snoring and sleep apnea leads to good rest and waking up feeling refreshed.
- Increases Fertility.
- Glowing skin and toned skin, drinking enough water is a contributor.
- Reduces stress levels and improves the mood.
- Reduces visits to the doctor because weight loss boosts immunity.
- Improves brain performance making us more alert.
- Raising a healthy family: When you lose weight your focus changes to healthy meals and this is reflected in the meals you prepare for the whole family.
- Increases your life span. We will all die one day but eating healthy and losing weight protects us from deadly diseases that cause suffering and slow death.
1-week weight loss
Losing weight too fast is not recommended because it results in gaining back the lost weight; lose skin around the stomach thighs and arms. But there are instances that make you want to lose weight as fast as possible when you get a sudden invitation to a function and you need to fit in a gown that will make you look sexy and feel good. So how can you lose weight in a week?
Start by detox. Detox is a process of cleansing the body of toxins, it’s important for weight loss especially when you want to start on clean eating/ healthy eating.
Loosing Weight with Detox
- Cut down on sugars and carbohydrates /starch completely for a week just consume Fruits, green leafy vegetables, and lean proteins. For snacks, you can have egg whites, a handful of nuts and salad (a mixture of vegetables).
- Keep off artificial flavors, Tran’s fat, caffeine, alcohol, highly processed foods and sweeteners.
- Engage in regular exercises; this will enhance fat/calorie burning fast.
- Drink water, if the taste is so plain, add a piece of lemon, water is necessary for hydration and it boosts metabolism.
- Drink plenty of green smoothies; smoothies are important because they contain vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, fiber and other nutrients that play a major role in weight loss. It also has water to keep the body hydrated and increase metabolism.
- A smoothie consists of green leafy vegetables (spinach or kales), fruits and water blended together. Fruits vary from bananas, avocados, mangoes, apples, etc.
An example of a smoothie recipe is:
- 1½ cups of spinach
- 1 banana diced
- 1 apple diced
- 300ml of water
Blend; this recipe is for two servings.
Replacing your meals with smoothies and whole fruit can be challenging for the first few days, you will feel hungry and dizzy, but it will come to pass as the body gets used to it. That’s why you need a clear mindset; you need to be prepared mentally.
Engage in a high protein meal for breakfast; you can have a heavy lunch, have two snacks consisting of salads ( a mixture of vegetables) and a smoothie for dinner. Start by substituting one meal with a smoothie for three days, the news two days, substitute two meals with a smoothie. The final two days substitute all meals with smoothies, as I had mentioned earlier this meal plan needs great will power, of course, you will experience dizziness, nausea, headaches, there’s nothing that can be done except to wait until the body gets used to it.
Note: Consult your health care provider before embarking on any Detox program.
The side effect of loose skin can be minimized by engaging in skin toning/ tightening exercises.
For those who are afraid of gaining back the lost weight, weight loss requires discipline, there’s no shortcut after detox makes healthy eating a habit, that’s the only way to live healthily.
Conclusion and recommendation
Weight loss is a journey that requires discipline and sacrifice. It requires mental readiness; the first few days are the most challenging as the body gets used to the new diet, there will be withdrawals and cravings, but you need to be strong to be able to make it. The focus should be on the health benefits that come with weight loss. Whether you lose weight in a month, a year or a week, if you don’t make healthy living your lifestyle, all will be lost.
Obesity and Overweight are the world’s killer disease; even children become obese. It shortens our lifespan and affects our social life. Engaging in good eating habits and frequent exercises can make a great difference in our lives. We should constantly check our weight because most of the time we gain weight without noticing it until it finally becomes a big problem.