Best and simple way to lose belly fat fast and make it small permanently
Here is my story on how I lost my “baby belly fat”.
When you are pregnant, you hear all sorts of stories. The story I loved the most was the fact that breastfeeding helps in losing. Wow! The thought of baby weight melting down through breastfeeding made me long for the day I will deliver.
The day finally arrived, on 1st January 2016, at 10 pm; I gave birth to a 3kgs baby boy. Two weeks later I was shaking weight; I was 64kgs from 69kgs. Yeey! I was so happy I didn’t realize the weight coming on two months later. I weighed myself when I took my son for his four months old check-up, I weighed 69.5kgs, what? My eyes almost popped out of my face when I read my weight. I was so comfortable with the thought of losing weight while breastfeeding that I didn’t pay much attention to what I was eating. Having a 4 months old and exclusively breastfeeding I was scared of changing the diet and affecting my milk production, so I decided to wait until he was seven months since he will be eating other foods. At 7 Months, I decided to keep off wheat and sugar for 30 days. Every morning I took four glasses of warm lemon water before breakfast. I took a total of 13 glasses of water by the evening. I also did exercises that involved brisk walking, cycling, jogging and sit-ups. At the end of 30 days, I had lost 4kgs, and my belly fat had reduced. I maintain the same no wheat no sugar diet, but Sundays were my ‘cheat day,’ up to now it’s the only day I take wheat and sugar. I have managed to maintain my 58kgs.So, let’s talk about this elephant in the room called belly fat.
WHAT IS BELLY FAT?
This is the excess fat around the abdomen; it can also be called abdominal obesity.
It consists if both subcutaneous and visceral fat. Subcutaneous fat lies just under the skin while Visceral fat is found deep within, surrounding vital organs like the heart, liver, kidney, lungs.
Men tend to store fat around the abdomen compared to women to distribute the fat around the hips, buttocks, thighs and lower abdomen.
Dangers of belly fat
- Cardiovascular Diseases: Stroke, heart failure. Using a tape measure, measure the circumference of your abdomen, for men if it’s above 40 inches, they are at risk of suffering from heart diseases. Women if it’s above 35 inches, they are also at risk of heart diseases.
- High blood pressure
- Sleep apnea
- Irregular breathing
- Colorectal cancer
- Early death
Benefits of Losing Belly Fat.
- Protects against cardiovascular diseases.
- Prolongs life span.
- Prevents against Diabetes.
- Lowers high blood pressure.
Causes of Belly Fat
- Age: Aging slows down metabolism. Gaining weight becomes very easy.
- Eating habits
- Over indulging in alcohol, sodas, carbonated drinks, energy drinks tend to make the body store fat around the waist.
- Consuming Junk and sugary foods.
- Lack of exercise causes weight gain, especially if all you do is watch television the whole day while eating and drinking.
- Lack of enough sleep or sleep apnea causes weight gain and accumulation of belly fat.
- Consuming refined grains: white bread, white rice, white pasta, cakes, cookies
- Post delivery: most women tend to gain weight after giving birth, this maybe as a result of frequent consumption of food to curb the hunger that comes with breastfeeding.
- Family planning: Some family planning methods cause weight gain and accumulation of fat in the abdomen.
- Water is life. Make a habit of taking at least8 glasses of water daily. Off course you can have more if you wish. Not only does water hydrate our bodies and tone the skin, it removes toxins from our body making us feel rejuvenated. There are times thirst is confused with hunger, before reaching out for a junk snack, drink a glass of water, you will be surprised to realize that you were actually thirsty and not hungry. This reduces belly fat as a result of overeating.
- Avoid refined grains and instead substitute it with whole-wheat grains.
- Minimize alcohol consumption, when you take too much alcohol, the liver turns the sugar in alcohol into fat.
- Consume a diet with a lot of proteins.
- Manage the stress levels.
- Have enough sleep 8-9hours of sleep.
- Eat a lot of fibers from vegetables, fruits, legumes, and oats.
- Avoid highly processed foods; most of them contain sugars.
- Eat a balanced diet. Always strive at eating a balanced diet. More of fruits and vegetables, followed by proteins and finally carbohydrates. People make the worst mistake of trying to lose fat by avoiding eating food. Putting the body in a starvation mode doesn’t work; it only makes the body burn muscle instead of fat. At the end of it, you will still have the fat, but you will be skinny. Not healthy at all. Make healthy eating a lifestyle.
- Avoid eating carbs and sugary foods at night.
- Exercise; the key to losing healthy weight and maintaining the lost weight. Visit a gym or improvise one in the comfort of your house. Focus on toning your whole body, avoid workouts that focus on one area, exercise the whole body.
Examples of best exercise to reduce belly fat
- Walking, running, jogging, cycling, bicycle exercise, sit-ups, aerobics.
- The following home remedy drinks can help you lose belly fat.
- Drinking four glasses of warm water in the morning before having breakfast.
- Add Apple Cider Vinegar to your meals.
- Weight loss in the arms.
- When we gain excess weight, it can be distributed in various parts of the body like the arms, buttocks, stomach, thighs and breasts.
- Rapid weight loss leads to the formation of loose skin around the arms. This is one fact the diet pills, and supplements don’t mention when they offer you quick weight loss solutions. The excitement of losing weight comes to a halt when you see loose skin sagging everywhere in your body, The dream of having a great shape, wearing bikinis and sleeveless tops has shuddered because now you have to dress up to hide the ugly loose skin in your arms.
- Another cause of flabby arms/lose skin is aging; when we age our skin loses elasticity.
Good news is that there are simple ways to tighten and tone the affected areas
- Plastic surgery: it tightens the loose skin and tones the appearance; this procedure is expensive and not affordable to many.
- Disciple yourself in eating a balanced diet.
- Drink enough water.
- Avoid junk foods.
- Other than rushing for a quick fix and rapid weight loss, engage in a slow weight loss program. Engage in building muscles exercises. Below are some of triceps and biceps exercises that can be done in the comfort of your home, so you don’t have to worry about gym expenses.
- Pushups: it’s a commonly done exercise. It works the chest and triceps muscles.
- The windmill: just like a windmill, you, rotates the arms in clockwise and anticlockwise direction, this exercise works the shoulders, upper arms and neck muscles.
- The wave goodbye: That movement from wrists to shoulders when waving helps in toning the arm.
- The prayer pose: when you join your hands in a praying position the movement of hands up and down tones the upper arm by working the biceps and triceps.
- Arm stretches Best for working for the triceps, interlocking hands and stretching them behind the head from side to side tones the triceps by stretching them.
Conclusion and Recommendations
Why wait until belly fat becomes a hindrance to your life, having a belly so big, you can’t tie your shoes, you can’t even see the buckle of your belt if you are a women, people keep asking about your due date when there’s no pregnancy except belly fat. I remember once while working as a Customer service Agent in one of the local airlines. I was checking in passengers, their carry-on luggage offering them their boarding passes. An Indian woman offered me her for confirmation, I noticed her protruding belly, she looked seven months pregnant, Innocently, I asked how long her pregnancy was? I needed to have confirmation from her doctor that it was safe for her to fly in her condition, I didn’t want to risk her going into labor while high up in the sky and I didn’t want to violet the Aviation rules by boarding a pregnant woman in her last stages of pregnancy. She said she wasn’t pregnant, she just has a big stomach that isn’t going away, I felt so bad for her. Her response was especially embarrassing for me. I kept on apologizing but she assured me it was ok, people always mistook her for being pregnant. Accumulating belly fat is the most stubborn fat to get rid of. Luckily, there are ways of reducing the belly fat and getting rid of it completely; it only requires discipline and change of lifestyle.
Belly fat/ abdominal fat is a serious problem that can cause sudden death, especially if the fat visceral, which accumulates deep within and surrounds vital organs, like the heart, liver, and lungs. Belly fat can be avoided by engaging in physical activities to burn the excess fat and also by eating healthy meals, plus drinking enough water. It is all about living a healthy lifestyle.